Do you want to participate in the Quarantine Qapsule (QQ) but are unsure how?
Tea Base will be curating a selection of collaborative projects led by mentors in the creative field.
Successful applicants to our mentorship program will work with our mentors to produce a unique contribution to the QQ.
Emerging artists and those without formal artistic training are invited to apply as a mentee.
DEADLINE: Sept 25, 2020
ABOUT QUARANTINE QAPSULE
What will we remember during this time? Quarantine Qapsule (QQ) is a digital archive of the Asian Canadian experience during the COVID-19 pandemic. As a “time capsule” of the quarantine period, we are looking for creative contributions from all members of our community. We want to hear your stories of resilience, hope, and self-discovery!
Persons self-identifying as Asian Canadian (and living in Ontario) are invited to submit video, musical or visual art to the QQ. No fancy equipment required, art can be created anywhere in any style, creativity cannot be stifled!
There is no fee to submit. Selected pieces will be featured on the Myseum website and artists will receive a honorarium. Artists retain all rights to submitted pieces, but grant Myseum permission to present them in the QQ.
Please carefully read the terms and conditions below.
- • Must be 18 years and over to apply
- • Mentee must be a resident of Ontario and self identify as Asian
- • Absolutely no experience required!
- • Mentors and mentees will collaborate on a joint project to be completed by Oct 9, 2020.
- • Mentors and mentees agree to meet virtually at least once a week to discuss the project.
- • Must have access to the internet as all interactions with mentors will be on Zoom.
- • All films and art pieces created during the program will be screened or exhibited online through Myseum.
- • Mentee and mentors grant permission to use excerpts for promotional purposes.
- • Mentees that are accepted will receive a honorarium.